Troon has been selected to manage the Wilderness Club Resort in Eureka, Montana. Troon Golf, the resort and daily-fee operating division of Troon, will manage golf operations, hospitality, food & beverage, agronomy and golf marketing.
Wilderness Club Resort is a semi-private club located in northern Montana near the Kootenai National Forest, approximately eight miles from the Canadian border. The property features an 18-hole Sir Nick Faldo-designed golf that is open for daily-fee and resort-guest play April through November. The course is located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, between the Whitefish and Purcell Mountain Ranges. Routed through natural streams, lakes and Ponderosa Pines, the golf course opened in 2009.
“Wilderness Club Resort is one of the most beautiful properties in the world. Troon is honored to have been chosen to help manage this incredible property,” Troon EVP Mitch Harrell said.
The 550-acre resort offers a collection of suites, cabins and cottages, a full-service spa, horse park, water park, sports park and a 21-acre lake for fishing.
“I'm very excited to have Troon as our partner,” said Brian Ehlert, managing partner of Wilderness Club. “I know they will deliver and improve our guest and member experiences. Troon's wealth of knowledge and expertise will benefit the Wilderness Club Resort in so many ways. Together, we will make our property even more desirable and stunning. It's a must visit.”
Latest from Golf Course Industry
- Toro launches battery-powered slope mower
- New era of data collection?
- Tackling an undercovered topic
- Audubon International, Invited strengthen sustainability partnership
- Target Specialty Products reveals GCSAA Conference and Trade Show lineup
- Pinetop Country Club hires Arizona turf veteran Harold Mitchell as superintendent
- Wonderful Women of Golf 20: Ashley Kendall Sutton
- Steel Green Manufacturing moves into new Indiana facility