Golf Course Industry
- 1 (3-to-4 pound) whole chicken
- Your favorite chicken rub or seasoning (I use Killer Hogs AP rub)
- Olive oil for binder
- Cut out the backbone of the chicken with some kitchen shears and open it up like a book. This allows for the entire chicken to heat up fast and cook evenly throughout.
- Spatchcock the chicken the night before, pat it dry and put it in the fridge overnight to completely dry out.
- Rub the chicken down with olive oil.
- Coat all sides and apply rub.
- Preheat smoker or grill to 425; the higher temperature helps get the skin extra crispy.
- Place the chicken on the grates, skin side up.
- Cook for 45 to 60 minutes or until the internal temperature in the breast reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Explore the December 2021 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Golf Course Industry
- Toro launches battery-powered slope mower
- New era of data collection?
- Tackling an undercovered topic
- Audubon International, Invited strengthen sustainability partnership
- Target Specialty Products reveals GCSAA Conference and Trade Show lineup
- Pinetop Country Club hires Arizona turf veteran Harold Mitchell as superintendent
- Wonderful Women of Golf 20: Ashley Kendall Sutton
- Steel Green Manufacturing moves into new Indiana facility