Elcona Country Club
- 1½-pound thin round steak, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 5 to 7 kosher dill pickles, cut into thin strips
- 2 onions, cut into slices
- 5 to 7 pieces thick cut bacon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cans tomato soup
- Lay strips of round steak flat on a cutting board. Place one pickle slice, a bit of bacon and a bit onion on each steak strip. Roll the strips and hold together with toothpicks.
- Prepare a smoker with hickory material and preheat to 180 degrees.
- Place rouladen on smoker grates and smoke for 30 minutes.
- Remove from grill and increase heat to 325.
- Add rouladen to a Dutch oven that contains the tomato soup mixed with one can of water.
- Place Dutch oven on smoker and cook for 90 minutes.
- Serve over traditional spaetzle or German noodles.