PBI-Gordon Corporation announced that SpeedZone Southern EW Broadleaf Herbicide for Turf has received registration from California for use in the state.
Formulated for sensitive southern turfgrasses, SpeedZone Southern EW controls more than 70 tough broadleaf weeds — including dollarweed, ground ivy and spurge.
“SpeedZone and SpeedZone Southern are the leading speed herbicides for countless turfgrass professionals, and the new SpeedZone Southern EW formulation helps ensure more active ingredient impacts the leaf surface for improved efficacy,” PBI-Gordon herbicide project manager Jay Young said. “Now that SpeedZone Southern EW is approved for use in California, more golf course superintendents and lawncare professionals can benefit from this go-to herbicide.”
Designed for use on golf courses, and residential and commercial areas, features of SpeedZone Southern EW include:
• Most effective when applied February through April
• Rainfast in as little as three hours
• Allows for reseeding in one week
• A visual response within 24 hours, with weeds dying within 7 to 14 days
• Highly selective in established cool-season and warm-season turfgrasses