The ideal candidate should be a journalism, communication, English or turfgrass management major available to work 35 to 40 hours per week between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday-Friday for approximately 12 weeks. The position will include writing feature and news articles, contributing to popular social media accounts, podcast production, editing and promotion, proofreading digital and print content, assisting in website management, and visiting successful golf facilities. The internship also features career development, technical training and mentorship opportunities.
Golf Course Industry is the leading independent publication in a competitive market with a nationally recognized team of editors, columnists and contributors. Our @GCIMagazine Twitter and Facebook accounts are followed by more than 20,000 golf industry professionals and the Superintendent Radio Network podcast network attracted more than 13,000 listeners in 2020. In addition to a monthly print magazine, we produce a weekly enewsletter, a minimum of four podcasts per month, daily website updates and high-quality sponsored content with select industry partners.
- Must be going into junior or senior year, and pursuing a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English or turfgrass management
- Experience working on/contributing articles to student newspaper, magazine, enewsletter or website
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite; content management system and Outlook background is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, spelling and grammar skills
- Ability to work in team environment and meet deadlines
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and three examples of published work to Brittany Coccitto, email@example.com. Interns will be paid $12 per hour.GIE Media is also seeking editorial interns in the pest control technologies, recycling and ornamental markets.