Company joins leading experts at United Nations for International Water Forum.
Rain Bird Corporation is encouraging awareness of the need for efficient water use by sponsoring the International Water Forum at the United Nations September 16, 2011. Scheduled to coincide with the opening of the 66th United Nations General Assembly, the International Water Forum will feature in-depth discussions, presentations and expert panels addressing the need for building a global awareness and education campaign aimed at the impending global water crisis.
As a presenting sponsor of the historic daylong event, Rain Bird's representative will participate in discussions about potential solutions to the world’s myriad water issues and the need for greater global education and awareness.
Organized by the Energy and Water Institute of New York and The Chronicles Group in cooperation with The World Water Organization (WWO), WaterAid America and the United Nations Institute of Training and Research (UNITAR), the forum will feature presentations by notable leaders from a variety of sectors:
• Ben Grumbles, President, Clean Water America Alliance
• Mary Ann Dickinson, President and CEO, Alliance for Water Efficiency
• David Nahai, Former General Manager, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
• Malcolm Morris, Chairman, Millennium Water Alliance
• Christopher Rochfort, CEO, Star Water Solutions, Australia
• Katherine Bliss, Ph.D., Senior Fellow and Director, Project on Global Water Policy, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
• Jean-Claude Seropian, Director of Operations and Maintenance, Suez Environnement
The keynote address will be given by Patricia Mulroy, general manager of the Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA). Following the keynote, actress and activist Jane Seymour will present a short film addressing the crippling effects of the world’s water crisis. Author of The Big Thirst: The Secret Life and Turbulent Future of Water Charles Fishman will give a special address as the luncheon speaker.
This event is free and open to the public. Event registration as well as a complete schedule of events is available by visiting http://www.chroniclesgroup.org/waterforum/.