We realize your role as mentor, protector and innovator depends on strong market knowledge to stay ahead of the curve. Sponsoring the research in this year’s Golf Course Industry State of the Industry supplement is one small way we can provide information that helps you make decisions at your course to preserve beautiful green spaces, protect the environment and grow the game of golf.
You are asked to control the uncontrollable. From droughts and floods to disease, insects and the economy, we are honored to stand by your side in support and offer innovative products where they fit your course best. In our own way, we work hard to protect every angle and consider every element of your turf as we work together.
One quick look at the past year’s golf rounds played, average temperatures and precipitation rates shows the adversity you face1. Depending on where your course is located, rounds played may be up with precipitation down significantly, making it difficult to maintain course aesthetics. Conversely, where rounds are down, helping grow the game to increase revenues is a challenge.
At Syngenta, we’ve worked diligently to help alleviate stress where we can, but we continue to identify ways in which we can support you and the game:
- Syngenta Business Institute™ – provides superintendents with continuing business education
- Weevil Trak – helps anticipate annual bluegrass weevil movement, tracking and treatment
- Green Cast® Online – website that shares research, development and innovations
- GreenTrust™ 365 – product assurance program with year-long rebates and rewards
- GCSAA Educational Webinars – provide information and insight on current issues
- EcoMeasures™ – helps reduce the carbon footprint of your course
- Operation Pollinator® – creates ideal habitats for pollinators
- Agronomic Plans – best products, at the right time—tailored to fit your needs
- Strategic Partnerships to Grow the Game – active involvement in GCSAA, NCGOA, WGF, RISE, Turfgrass Producers International, Aquatics Ecosystem Restoration Foundation, Aquatic Plant Management Society, The First Tee, Get Golf Ready, Tee it Forward, PGA Junior Golf League and Sticks for Kids
According to the GCI State of the Industry research, our industry has certainly evolved over the past year. Regardless of where you fit within the results, we at Syngenta stand ready to help with any challenges you face.
Golf Market Manager
1 National Golf Rounds Played Report, NGF, September 2013